Sunday 6 October 2013

Non-Veggie Roast




This awesome recipe for Roast Chicken was shown on a Master Chef episode by Gary Mehigan...he made it look so simple and so easy,I just had to try it out ! True to what he said,it was super easy and absolutely yummilicious...a perfect Roast Chicken...I have added and omitted certain things based on availability but I know ,it would grace my table frequently in the years to come ! I have kept this blog vegetarian for the most part,but a dish like this needs to be shared and I do hope it gives you and your family the pleasure it gave me and mine :) Gary used a whole dressed chicken,I went with drumsticks and breast pieces,I suggest either using a whole chicken or only drumsticks !
Roast Chicken with stuffing balls and dressing
Chicken-1kg
Lemons-2 sliced thin
Thyme dried-2 Tbsp
Salt ,Pepper
Par boiled potatoes-quartered and seasoned-4
Baby carrots-1/2 kg
Garlic-6 fat cloves (optional)
In a hot pan,add some olive oil and sear the chicken on both sides until golden....while searing ,just scatter the thyme and tuck in the lemon slices and add seasoning.You can also sear the garlic if u wish.
After searing until u get some colour for a minute or two...place on a baking tray.
Into that tray,add the chicken juices from the pan,the lime slices,salt,pepper,potatoes and drizzle some more olive oil...let roast in a hot oven for 1 hour
I also added the garlic cloves whole into the roasting tray.
Cook until done and golden.
Stuffing balls
Whole grain bread -3 slices crumbed
Parsley 1/2 c finely chopped
Salt,pepper and 1 egg
Worcestershire sauce(optional)-I added for flavour,u may omit.
Mix all the ingredients well by hand and form into small balls and fry in a little oil in a shallow pan,until golden,set aside.
Dressing
Now Gary made an aioli from scratch,as i don't like to eat raw egg and I did not want the calories,my dressing was yoghurt,mustard,salt,pepper and capers...to taste...no specific quantities really,for 1 cup of dressing,it would be 1 cup of yoghurt,2 tbsp mustard,salt,pepper and 2 tsps of capers...now pl add or lessen any depending on your taste.
Now,the carrots ,I kept it simple as they were so beautiful,just 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of honey in a pan,plopped the carrots and turned it until it simmered for 5 mts and coated it with a sticky glaze ! Yum !...You may add salt if u wish !
To serve...you may do so individually or cut up the chicken and arrange it on a platter with the stuffing balls,veggie and dressing...very chefy like ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do post your comments !